Maori Wardens Australia
ARBN 615 990 264
Maori Wardens Australia is a voluntary service and our members can be seen at a number of community events, providing a number of services to the public.
Maori wardens have been around since 1860 and have a proud tradition. Throughout Aotearoa there are currently over 1000 wardens working in their communities. Maori Wardens Australia have branches in Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia.
- To follow the kaupapa of being a Maori Warden
- To follow the teaching of our Tupuna
- To be out among the people of all walks of life
- To make ourselves available to young and old
- To provide a service for events
- To help with the kaupapa and protocols of being Maori
- To liase with local Hapu, Iwi and Runanga